Over 13% of the Marshall Presbyterian Church 2009 budget went to local and international missions. Again in 2010, our resources were tithed to mission.
Marshall Presbyterian Church goes beyond the financial in their efforts to support local missions. Some of the ways are:
- volunteer time with Neighbors in Need
- Christmas gifts, a party, and pictures with Santa for children of local families in need, a gift basket for their fall festival auction, hosting meals and a weekend at Glory Ridge for Presbyterian Home for Children
- hosting meals for Madison County High School or Mars Hill students
- shipping gift boxes overseas through Samaritan's Purse
- securing grants for Appalachian Health Care for Neighbors in Need
- providing treats and photographs for trick-or-treaters during Marshall Safe Treat
- Donations to Madison County Education Foundation, Glory Ridge, and other local ministries
Internationally, Marshall Presbyterian Church is a designated supporter of Frank and Nancy Dimmock in Lesotho, Africa. Frank earned a B.S. in botany and zoology at North Carolina State University and an M.P.H. in epidemiology and tropical medicine from Tulane University School of Public Health in New Orleans. He had previously served as a volunteer in mission and later as a mission specialist in public health in Zaire before being appointed as a full-term, mission coworker. Born in the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire), Nancy is the daughter of Presbyterian missionaries, David and Polly Miller, who served in Africa for 40 years. She has two degrees from North Carolina State University: a B.S. in animal science and a master's in international agricultural development and animal science. Before her marriage, she served as a livestock manager with the Peace Corps in Lesotho and worked as a ranch hand in Nebraska.
Other International Missions supported include the House of Hope, International Peace Centre, Shefar´am in Israel and thePresbyterian Bible School for Women in Yucatan, Mexico. Marshall Presbyterian Church is committed to the missions of thePresbyterian Church, U.S.A. which supports missions throughout the world.
Marshall Presbyterian Church is the place where you can:
- Find friends who welcome, love and support you,
- Find encouragement to mature spiritually as you to worship regularly, grow intentionally, and give of yourself generously through both stewardship and service,
- Find a place where you can serve your community and our world.
|Join the fun! Each year Marshall Presbyterians go to work to support the Madison County Arts Council and Neighbors in Need with a hearty concession during the Art on the Island. These past few years members have stayed up all night BBQing in a large wood stove made by one of the members. All foods are donated by church members so that all sales can go to missions. The Neighbors in Need Crisis Fund enable Neighbor in Need staff to serve a need beyond food and home heating. THANK YOU to all who come for BBQ and support Neighbors in Need.|